RLM

Default overtype

I am working in a downloaded document that has numbered questions with blank
lines below the question for entering the answer. In both Overtype and
Insert mode when I hit the spacebar it jumps my typed text up to the end of
the question.
Any idea how I can just replace the blank line without this happening?
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:06:03 -0800, RLM
wrote:

I am working in a downloaded document that has numbered questions with blank
lines below the question for entering the answer. In both Overtype and
Insert mode when I hit the spacebar it jumps my typed text up to the end of
the question.
Any idea how I can just replace the blank line without this happening?

It sounds like the person who created the document didn't separate the
question from the line with anything but a space character, counting
on the length of the line (underscore characters?) to force it to
wrap. By typing an answer that includes a space, you give Word
something shorter to place on the last line of the answer.

Knowing this, you can prepare the document for your answers by
entering a line break (Shift+Enter) at the end of the last line of
each question.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman