Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ad

Default Rendering of Field Codes in Word 2003

Ok, this one is a bit involved but bear with me, this is an issue we have
found whilst developing using word:

Imagine you have a standard word document with various styles contained
within. One of these styles is centre aligned and bold.
You type in a title in this bold, centred text and want to cross-reference
it. Using all versions of Word this involves establishing a bookmark of the
bold, centred text, and inserting a cross-reference using this bookmark
somewhere else in the document.

The problem we have found in Word 2003 is that this cross refernce renders
in the style of the text that has been bookmarked, ie the cross-reference
becomes bold and centre aligned.

This does not happen in Word 200, and we were wondering if anyone else has
had this problem, and if so what the solution to it is, ie how to we get the
cross-reference to render without taking on the formatting of the text it
references. Like I say this does not happen in Word 2000.

All help much appreciated,
Regards,
Adam