Michael

Default Autonumbering of captions is skipping numbers

I have the following word document [showing field codes]:
Exhibit {SEQ Exhibit \* ARABIC}. Construction and Resources Sector Employment
Exhibit {SEQ Exhibit \* ARABIC}. Construction and Resources Sector Employment
Exhibit {SEQ Exhibit \* ARABIC}. Manufacturing Sector Employment
Exhibit {SEQ Exhibit \* ARABIC}. Manufacturing Sector Employment

which should just number sequentially, but what I actually get is:
Exhibit 1. Construction and Resources Sector Employment
Exhibit 2. Construction and Resources Sector Employment
Exhibit 4. Manufacturing Sector Employment
Exhibit 6. Manufacturing Sector Employment

This snippet is exactly what I have cut from one document [with the issue]
and put into in a new word document with trackchanges off. Formatting is all
normal. Reveal codes does not reveal anything different between the lines.
What is going on here?

The 2nd line is the one that if you copy and paste numerous times will
result in every new line being incremented by 2. I'd love to post the word
document since I have a feeling that is the only way anyone will believe me.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

If there isn't a hidden text problem (see other reply), then perhaps you
just need to update the fields. Press Ctrl+A to select everything, then
press F9.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com