Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles J Charles J is offline

Default Default to open Word files in draft view.

With Office 2007, I am trying to set Word
so that it opens my files in draft view rather
than in print layout. Is it possible to set the
view in which files are opened?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Charles J wrote:
With Office 2007, I am trying to set Word
so that it opens my files in draft view rather
than in print layout. Is it possible to set the
view in which files are opened?

Documents should open in the view in which they were last saved
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm, but note that
Word 2007 uses Normal.dotm instead of Normal.dot).

If you want to force all documents to draft view regardless of how they were
saved or where they came from, add this macro to your Normal.dotm template
(http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm):

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.View = wdNormalView
End Sub

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Even for documents saved in Draft view, you have to enable opening docs in
Draft view, which is in the Word Options somewhere.

In Word 2007, one can find that setting he

Office Button |Word Options | Advanced | General |Allow Opening a
Document in Draft View

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And, of course, a similar macro could be added to force newly created
documents to display in Draft view:

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.View = wdNormalView
End Sub