V. Crocco

Default index error

I am not sure the other quetions related to indexing were exactly like mine
so I will post my particular problem. in advance I will say that it has been
mentioned, in a previous reply, that index entries for the same word must be
exactly the same in order to show up correctly and I will say that I
highlight and copy each repeated entry and paste it into the document for
exactitude. it worked on the rest of the index, but not on a few words. I
have done them over and over again with the same erroneous results.

What should look like this:

BOOK: 23, 45, 67, 100
red, 42, 34, 45
blue, 38, 46
green, 89, 100

Looks like this:

BOOK: 23, 67
red, 42, 45
blue, 38
BOOK: 45
BOOK: 100
BOOK:
red, 34
BOOK:
blue, 46
BOOK:
green, 89
BOOK:
green, 100

Any ideas? Thank-you in advance for your attention, Vicki.

I had the same problem in a long document, and I never was able to solve it;
I was absolutely doing everything right. I suspect the doc may have been
corrupted (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm), but
since in my case the problem was limited to a couple of specific entries, I
ended up just unlinking the index when editing was complete and fixing it
manually.

news