Will

Default How to create a book index ?

I have a list of key words contained in a book.

I want Word to lookup all the pages containing each word and enter a page
number for it...

Like the index in a book.

Reading Help on doing an Index confuses me as it sounds like it is trying to
relate two words or something.

1 - Will Word create a book index with page numbers from a key word list?
2 - Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Will

Suzanne,

The link doesn't work. I went to the site and tried to find the article but
no luck.

Can you repoint me?

thanks for the help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/CreateIndex.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Will" wrote in message
. ..
I have a list of key words contained in a book.

I want Word to lookup all the pages containing each word and enter a page
number for it...

Like the index in a book.

Reading Help on doing an Index confuses me as it sounds like it is trying

relate two words or something.

1 - Will Word create a book index with page numbers from a key word list?
2 - Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this?

Thanks for any help.

I have no idea what's become of it. I'll alert the author/Webmaster.

"Will" wrote in message
Suzanne,

The link doesn't work. I went to the site and tried to find the article

but
no luck.

Can you repoint me?

thanks for the help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/CreateIndex.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Will" wrote in message
. ..
I have a list of key words contained in a book.

I want Word to lookup all the pages containing each word and enter a

page
number for it...

Like the index in a book.

Reading Help on doing an Index confuses me as it sounds like it is

trying
relate two words or something.

1 - Will Word create a book index with page numbers from a key word

list?
2 - Can anyone give me a tip on how to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Daiya Mitchell

Try this link instead:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/Createindex.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Yes, I heard from John that it had been moved there.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
Try this link instead:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/Createindex.htm

On 8/4/05 2:29 PM, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have no idea what's become of it. I'll alert the author/Webmaster.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/
What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/