Becca

Default Protected Form/Table needs commandbutton to copy

Hi - I am truly frustrated.

I have a Form within a Table intended to be used by other people to
fill in the blank - then copy - and paste into an email.

Once I have "protected" the form, it seems the ability to copy the
entire table is disabled.

I assume a commandbutton would be ideal. However, I am no expert at the
code involved. I intend to have a button to copy the table - and another
one to clear those fill in the blanks.

Any ideas? Am I totally off in my train of thought? I've meddled in
macros and I havent gotten near to cracking any codes!

Thanks for your input!

--
Becca
jahoobob

Becca Wrote:
Hi - I am truly frustrated.

I have a Form within a Table intended to be used by other people to
fill in the blank - then copy - and paste into an email.

Once I have "protected" the form, it seems the ability to copy the
entire table is disabled.

I assume a commandbutton would be ideal. However, I am no expert at the
code involved. I intend to have a button to copy the table - and another
one to clear those fill in the blanks.

Any ideas? Am I totally off in my train of thought? I've meddled in
macros and I havent gotten near to cracking any codes!

Thanks for your input!

Try this:
Sub Macro1()
ActiveDocument.Unprotect
Selection.Tables(1).Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveDocument.Protect Password:="", NoReset:=False, Type:= _
wdAllowOnlyFormFields

End Sub
Place a button on a menu to run this code. It will copy the data in
the form to the Clipboard and delete it from the fields.

--
jahoobob