Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StargateFan StargateFan is offline

Default W2003- starting Wrd without these 2 bars!: "Getting Started" and "NEW document".

I find 2 of the new bars in this new version to me incredibly annoying
and need to get rid of them.

I'd like W2003 to start without that "Getting Started" bar on the
right.

Also, when I press FILE NEW I'd like to be taken directly to the
available templates on my computer just like with W2K.

These 2 new bars are great but I want to invoke them myself when I
need them and not to have them forced on me.

I haven't found a way to turn these off. Can this be done?

Thanks. D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi StargateFan,

I find 2 of the new bars in this new version to me incredibly annoying
and need to get rid of them.

I'd like W2003 to start without that "Getting Started" bar on the
right.

Tools/Options/View: Deactivate "Startup Taskpane"

Also, when I press FILE NEW I'd like to be taken directly to the
available templates on my computer just like with W2K.

You can get the "old" command out of Tools/Customize/Commands. From the
categorie "All commands" drag the entry FileNewDialog to the menu
position or toolbar where you'd like to have it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org