Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dgold dgold is offline

Default Clear/delete form data

Is there a way to reset all the fields in a form to blank. I have a
completed form with many fields populated that I would like to clear. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dgold dgold is offline

nevermind, just figured it out.

"dgold" wrote:

Is there a way to reset all the fields in a form to blank. I have a
completed form with many fields populated that I would like to clear. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Was the solution you found to save your form as a template and create new
documents based on the template each time you use it or to unprotect/protect
the form to clear the form fields?

If the latter then in some versions this method requires the use of using
Tools/Unprotect or Protect instead of a simple click of the Protect command
on the toolbar. In other versions form field data is not reset by
unprotecting the form at all using the Unprotect/Protect commands. The best
method to use is to save the form as a template and create new documents
based on your template.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: