LLunger

Default ERROR MESSAGE: INCREASING LEFT MARGIN CAUSES 1ST COLUMN TO BECOME.

300+page PDF document converted to word. When I try to change margins,
error message - increasing left margin causes 1st column to become too narrow
in some sections having unevenly spaced columns. Suggestions?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: ERROR MESSAGE: INCREASING LEFT MARGIN CAUSES 1ST COLUMN TO BECOME.

It sounds like you are trying to adjust the margins in a document that has multiple columns with uneven spacing. When you try to increase the left margin, it is causing the first column to become too narrow. Here are a few suggestions to try:
  1. Adjust the column spacing: Instead of adjusting the margins, try adjusting the spacing between the columns. You can do this by going to the Page Layout tab, clicking on Columns, and selecting More Columns. From there, you can adjust the width and spacing of each column.
  2. Use section breaks: If the document has sections with different column layouts, you can try inserting section breaks between them. This will allow you to adjust the margins and column spacing for each section independently.
  3. Adjust the font size: If the text in the first column is becoming too small when you adjust the margins, you can try increasing the font size to compensate.
  4. Use a different layout: If none of the above suggestions work, you may need to consider using a different layout for the document. For example, you could try using a single column layout or a layout with evenly spaced columns.

I hope these suggestions help!

PHP Code:
// No macro or Visual Basic code found in the text