Annett

Default Can I search for text highlighted in a specific color?

I am trying to search (using Find) for text highlighted in a specific color,
rather than searching for all highlighted text. The Find function does not
seem to distinguish between different highlight colors. I have a document, in
which I would like to select only the text highlighted in yellow. Is there
another way to do this?
Thanks
Jay Freedman

Annett wrote:
I am trying to search (using Find) for text highlighted in a specific
color, rather than searching for all highlighted text. The Find
function does not seem to distinguish between different highlight
colors. I have a document, in which I would like to select only the
text highlighted in yellow. Is there another way to do this?
Thanks

Hi Annett,

It can be done, but only with a macro. See this post for an example:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...2599f992?hl=en

The idea is to find text with any highlight color, and then check it to see
whether it's the color you want. If not, it continues searching for the next
highlight.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
adgorn adgorn is offline

I just posted a similar request. In looking at the site you recommend, the
solution seems incomplete. Can you verify and post the complete solution?
--
Alan

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Annett wrote:
I am trying to search (using Find) for text highlighted in a specific
color, rather than searching for all highlighted text. The Find
function does not seem to distinguish between different highlight
colors. I have a document, in which I would like to select only the
text highlighted in yellow. Is there another way to do this?
Thanks

Hi Annett,

It can be done, but only with a macro. See this post for an example:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...2599f992?hl=en

The idea is to find text with any highlight color, and then check it to see
whether it's the color you want. If not, it continues searching for the next
highlight.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

After you posted here, Greg Maxey answered your request in the vba.general
newsgroup. If you can't find it in the Microsoft web site, it's on Google
Groups at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b4e12adb7 b6c.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Annett wrote:
I am trying to search (using Find) for text highlighted in a
specific color, rather than searching for all highlighted text. The
Find function does not seem to distinguish between different
highlight colors. I have a document, in which I would like to
select only the text highlighted in yellow. Is there another way to
do this?
Thanks

Hi Annett,

It can be done, but only with a macro. See this post for an example:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...2599f992?hl=en

The idea is to find text with any highlight color, and then check it
to see whether it's the color you want. If not, it continues
searching for the next highlight.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al Al is offline

Thank-you very much for that code - it is excellent! I too needed a macro for
changing specific highlights and this was perfect.

The only thing that the macro did not change were spaces, punctuation etc
contained within the highlighted text

Al