Allison

Default Double Spacing

How do you anchor grahics to text when you want to
double space an entire document that originally was
single spaced? I'm using Microsoft Word 2003.

Jezebel

Anchoring graphics and double-spacing are not related. What are you trying
to do and what goes wrong?

"Allison" wrote in message
How do you anchor grahics to text when you want to
double space an entire document that originally was
single spaced? I'm using Microsoft Word 2003.

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:23:06 -0800, "Allison"
wrote:

How do you anchor grahics to text when you want to
double space an entire document that originally was
single spaced? I'm using Microsoft Word 2003.

Hi Allison,

The single- or double-spacing (paragraph formatting) has no effect on
how floating graphics are anchored. The anchor point is the first
character of the paragraph. The location of the graphic itself is
measured from that point.

When you change the line spacing from single to double, you may need
to drag the graphic to a lower position. This is where you may have
some trouble: The graphic *must* be on the same page as its anchor
point. If the paragraph now crosses a page break, the graphic will be
forced to stay on the first page. The solution may be to move the
anchor to the next paragraph (on the next page) and reposition the
graphic above its anchor.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman