Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PremierPaula PremierPaula is offline

Default Create single page english one side matching foreign other side

How can you simply create a document that is many pages long and compares
English to a foreign langage page by page side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a table with two columns. One for English and one for the other
language.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"PremierPaula" wrote in message
How can you simply create a document that is many pages long and compares
English to a foreign langage page by page side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If you're intent is to compare the two variations on the same page, follow
JoAnn's suggestion. However, I interpreted your question to ask how to have
the one version on one page & the translated version on the facing page. If
this is the case you'll have serious complications trying to do so in Word.
You don't create "pages" in Word, you create text flow - the "pages" are
generated based on the content.

IMHO, do each language version as a separate Word doc, then use a page
layout program to assemble the final, importing & placing the Word docs as
needed... Especially so if it is "...many pages long...".

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/07 7:07 PM, in article
, "PremierPaula"
wrote:

How can you simply create a document that is many pages long and compares
English to a foreign langage page by page side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PremierPaula PremierPaula is offline

Default Create single page english one side matching foreign other sid

Thanks for your reply. This is how I ended up solving my situation. I hope
this proves helpful to you as well as other users.

I opened each Word document in Word (The English & the Spanish documents)
Did a side by side compare
Adjusted the page breaks to match each document
Although some pages have more text, the information on each page was the same
Printed the document
Merged the documents together, taking one page from each document and
putting it behind the other, ie. Title page in Spanish first, then the title
page in English, then page 1 in Spanish, page 1 in English and so on and
soforth..
Then placed this large stack of paper into the copier and told it to print
two pages onto one (reduction was about 64%)
After I did this they were then English on one side of the page and Spanish
on the opposite side.
After that printed out, I put the pages back through the copier and printed
it two sided.
This reduced the number of pages drastically
I then bound it into a booklet.

I hope this was helpful!
Paula
"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Use a table with two columns. One for English and one for the other
language.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"PremierPaula" wrote in message
How can you simply create a document that is many pages long and compares
English to a foreign langage page by page side by side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PremierPaula PremierPaula is offline

Thanks for your response...this is what I ended up doing to fix my situation:

I opened each Word document in Word (English & Spanish)

[...]

I hope this was helpful to you and others!
Paula