Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anderskj Anderskj is offline

Default Bug in word 2007 B2TR? (documents get corrupted)

Hi

I have written my thesis in word 2007 with suceess but suddenly the document
at some point failed. Now i have a docx document which i can open and use
but if a make any changes to the document, save and close it fails to open
again with an error about the document not beeing valid.

I did this serval times but had to save it as doc (word 2003) format to make
it work for further work.

Is this a bug, if yes, how should i report it? It is kind of hard to show
without the concrete document.

Regards
Anders Jacobsen, Denmark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Anderskj,

I have written my thesis in word 2007 with suceess but suddenly the document
at some point failed. Now i have a docx document which i can open and use
but if a make any changes to the document, save and close it fails to open
again with an error about the document not beeing valid.

I did this serval times but had to save it as doc (word 2003) format to make
it work for further work.

Is this a bug, if yes, how should i report it? It is kind of hard to show
without the concrete document.

Any version of Word 2007 you have is beta software. Beta means it's still in a
test phase and should not be used for "production". I'd say writing your thesis
is production, since it's something you don't want to lose or start over :-)

The beta is finished; Office 2007 has been sent to production. You can't report
anything, at this point. I recommend you save the document to various formats
(Word 2003, word 2003 XML, RTF) as backups, then continue your work with a
production version of Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org