accdev

Default Access Word Merge picture prob

I have two word merge docs. One, I open from Access and I populate the Word
doc with a graphic from a bound control using an OLE Object field as the
controlsource. In the process of getting to the Word doc, my Windows
registered file type graphics program (Paint Shop Pro) opens; it does nothing
that's obvious...just a blank screen. It's, then, necessary for the
(possibly suprised) user to close it. Then the Word doc opens just fine.

The other Word doc I open directly from Word. I use INCLUDEPICTURE to have
the same bmp graphic appear. It appears just fine without the Paint Shop Pro
screen opening up. I want to use the first method . Is there anyway to get
rid of the Paintshop Pro screen?

accdev

I'm truly embarassed to have to ask you this, but I really need the answer to
that prob. I've spent the last half hour trying to find it on
microsoft.public.word.vba.general (I'm guessing that this is
Office/Word/Word General Questions) but no matter what search words I put in,
nothing comes up. And I can find no way either to find all of my own
messages or to have the messages sorted by date in reverse order. Help!
and thanks much.

"accdev" wrote in message
I have two word merge docs. One, I open from Access and I populate the

Word
doc with a graphic from a bound control using an OLE Object field as the
controlsource. In the process of getting to the Word doc, my Windows
registered file type graphics program (Paint Shop Pro) opens; it does

nothing
that's obvious...just a blank screen. It's, then, necessary for the
(possibly suprised) user to close it. Then the Word doc opens just fine.

The other Word doc I open directly from Word. I use INCLUDEPICTURE to have
the same bmp graphic appear. It appears just fine without the Paint Shop

Pro
screen opening up. I want to use the first method . Is there anyway to

get
rid of the Paintshop Pro screen?

macropod

Hi accdev,

From microsoft.public.word.vba.general:
"Your MERGEFIELD should look something like:
{INCLUDEPICTURE {MERGEFIELD PicName}}
where PicName is the full path, filename & extension for the picture,
although these requirements can be reduced according to how much of the
path, fileextension are incorporated into the INCLUDEPICTURE field. For
example:
{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:/My Documents/{MERGEFIELD PicName}.jpg"}
or
{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\My Documents\\{MERGEFIELD PicName}.jpg"}

When you mailmerge document is saved with the above coding, it should not
update with the actual picture."

The problem you're describing with PSP at least partly suggests you have an
INCLUDEPICTURE pointing direct to a particular graphic, rather than
incorporating a MERGEFIELD as describe above.

Cheers