Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chris13smith chris13smith is offline

Default Windows XP Search Companion Error

Hello...I keep getting the following message when I click on 'Search' in
Windows XP 2000..."a file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be
found. You may need to run setup"...can this problem be fixed without having
a Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD....I don't have a CD because I was able to
download it for free from Microsoft...Please Help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Wrong newsgroup. Try posting your question in a Windows newsgroup instead of
Word.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"chris13smith" wrote in message
Hello...I keep getting the following message when I click on 'Search' in
Windows XP 2000..."a file that is required to run Search Companion cannot
be
found. You may need to run setup"...can this problem be fixed without
having
a Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD....I don't have a CD because I was able to
download it for free from Microsoft...Please Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

First, there is no such thing as Windows XP 2000. It is either Windows 2000
or Windows XP.
Assuming Windows XP, you could download Service Pack 2 again. First check
your computer to see exactly what maintenance has been applied. The free
Belarc Advisor will list all. http://www.belarc.com