I wish I was golfing!

Default how do you adjust mouse drag speed when selecting text on MSword

When selecting text with the mouse in MS Word, how do you slow (adjust) down
the drag speed of the mouse? Example if i have a 3 page word doc and I want
to select a paragraph that starts at the end of the viewbale screen and
continues on a few sentences beyond what is viewable. I put my mouse
pointer(cursor) at the begining of the first word, left click and start to
drag down. However once my mouse (pointer/cursor) gets to the bottom of the
viewable screen, it drags very quickly to the very end of the document. So
fast that I cannot select just the paragraphs I want and instead end up
selecting the enitre documnet. The same is repeated when I attempt to drag
up.
CyberTaz

Hi-

how do you slow (adjust) down
the drag speed of the mouse?

You don't. It is an inherent obstacle when dragging to select content that
extends beyond the current viewing area. Some will tell you that you can
practice your 'technique' in order to have better control, but the fact is
there are _better_ ways.

Click (no dragging) at the beginning of the passage (or at the end), use the
Scroll Bar to reveal the opposite end, then hold down Shift while you click
at that point.

You might also want to take a look at Word Help on 'selecting text and
graphics' for more techniques that make the task simpler.

HTH |:)