Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CalypsoViolet CalypsoViolet is offline

Default how do i move the cursor in a document w/o entering returns?

I am tryping to make an attachment to a letter. I am inserting pictures and
want to type text underneath them. I can't seem to get the cursor to go
under the pictures w/o having to enter returns. In Word Perfect (which I am
more familiar with), all you have to do is click the place you want the
cursor and it moves there.

I would think Microsoft would have a similia easy method.

Hope there's someone out there who can help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word does have "Click and type" (Tools | Options | Edit), but I don't
recommend it. Instead, click on your picture to display the Picture toolbar,
then click on the Text Wrapping button (dog icon) and make sure the wrapping
on your picture is set to In Line With Text. You'll then be able to press
Enter after it, if necessary to create a new paragraph under it.