Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

Default playing around with speech on word and now funny symbols

Those symbols have absolutely nothing to do with the speech function. They're
"nonprinting characters", and they're toggled on and off by repeatedly
clicking the ΒΆ button on the toolbar (you might notice that this is the same
as the "backwards-P" symbol at the end of each paragraph, which is called the
paragraph mark).

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for
explanations of all the symbols.

--
Jay Freedman

"kittyfifel" wrote:

I activated speech and then everytime I type I get a dot (.) where normally a
space would be and a strange looking symbol kind of like a backwards 'P'
where i assume a paragraph would be. My question is how do i get rid of it??