Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hal

Default Full Justification

I have a problem with full justification in Office Word 2003. When I select
full justification for text it looks fine on the screen but when it prints
out the spacing is off such that the spacing between letters within a word is
more or less the same as the space between words. I tried ticking the option
that says full justification like word perfect but that has no effect.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

That usually turns out to be a bug in the printer driver. Check the web site
of your printer's manufacturer to see if they have an updated driver
available for download.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Hal wrote:
I have a problem with full justification in Office Word 2003. When I
select full justification for text it looks fine on the screen but
when it prints out the spacing is off such that the spacing between
letters within a word is more or less the same as the space between
words. I tried ticking the option that says full justification like
word perfect but that has no effect.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard O. Neville

Your message doesn't say whether you have automatic hyphenation turned on;
full justification doesn't work very well without this feature. If it is not
active, go to Tools-Language, Hyphenation, and select "Automatically
hyphenate document." You must also be using a variable width font such as
Times New Roman or Arial. If you are using Courier, full justification won't
work.