Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Srini.G Srini.G is offline

Default Styles and Formatting - adding a border to a Title

I am trying to add a border to a Title. It is not working.

I am making a 3 word sentance a page title, and trying to do a line border
for that,

How to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are a variety of ways. Assuming you're using Word 2003 (i.e., not Word
2007), the quickest way to apply a border is using the Border tool .Select
the text and click the border tool's dropdown arrow in the Formatting
toolbar. Click Outside Border.

You'll likely want to experiment with the settings; so, choose Format -
Borders and Shading, Borders tab.

You can apply borders to a whole paragraph, or just to a few words. If you
apply borders to the whole paragraph where your title resides, then you'll
probably want to adjust the left/right settings so that the bordered area
isn't larger than you want it to do. You might also want to increase the
before/after spacing (Format - Paragraph) to round things out.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible