Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SarahMP1

Default Default blank template is screwed up - help!

Whenever i open a new blank Word document, my cursor is now placed at the
very top edge of the paper, as if i have no margins set. i go into margins
and it says i have a 1-inch margin set, but if i open a new blank page, my
cursor is at the very top. I have tried to go in and delete the old
normal.dot template and replace it with one when i have hit the space bar
down to where i want my new documents to always start (one inch down) but no
matter what i do or how i replace it , it always opens a blank document with
no margin, with my cursor at the very top edge of the page. Please help - how
do i create a new normal.dot template that will override this???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

In Tools Options View, check "White space between pages". See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm for illustrated
instructions.

--
Regards,