Full path of the file is too long error message

Old August 29th 08, 10:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz

Default Full path of the file is too long error message

Error message when I try to open a Word 2003 file on a stand alone PC that I
have created- How to fix please?

The full path of the file 'Ass.........-.......' is too long. Please try
using the 'Map Network drive' command to connect to the server to shorten the
path.

Regards

Mike
Old August 29th 08, 10:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

Paths can only be 255 characters (which includes invisible drive letters or
mapping).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

Old November 19th 10, 12:23 AM
shriparna shriparna is offline

Hi,

I faced some similar kind of problem and solved it. http://www.deletelongfile.com this link is very helpful in this matter.
Old November 23rd 10, 07:05 AM
jaydeep78 jaydeep78 is offline

Hi,
Right click on the file and select properties. Go to Security tab and check whether any access permission denied. You can check this link http://www.deletelongfile.com also. It will help you.
Old December 11th 10, 03:23 AM
kitgath kitgath is offline

Smile

I had the same problem. And www.pathtoolongtool.com helped me.
Old December 14th 10, 06:54 PM
jyotidayal jyotidayal is offline

Originally Posted by MikeR-Oz View Post
Error message when I try to open a Word 2003 file on a stand alone PC that I
have created- How to fix please?

The full path of the file 'Ass.........-.......' is too long. Please try
using the 'Map Network drive' command to connect to the server to shorten the
path.

Regards

Mike
Hi. I ran into that problem too. And after days of searching I finally found
this softwa Delete Long Path File Tool.

It's GREAT. You can find it he
www.longpathtool.com
Old December 30th 10, 11:18 PM
bob.marty bob.marty is offline

"I had the similiar problem and finally I found solution:
Old December 30th 10, 11:19 PM

Old December 30th 10, 11:21 PM
bob.marty bob.marty is offline

I had the similiar problem and finally I found solution as