The strangest word issue you've ever seen!

Old September 15th 09, 12:52 PM
AntonyP AntonyP is offline

Default The strangest word issue you've ever seen!

Hello,

I am really hoping someone can help me out here as I am having no luck fixing this issue.

We have various word documents which have a footer that is made up of a table with some text in - Office address, directors names etc. Nothing special.

An issue has cropped up on 1 pc (possibly a few others too) where the footer is appearing as below (a picture paints a thousand words etc etc)

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3599/worderror.jpg

As you can see, this table has somehow grown to take up 3/4 of the page. I suspect that it is some kind of formatting issue? Maybe to do with linespacing, when you click to the right of the text in the table the caret appears absolutely massive, yet anything typed in stays the same size as the rest of the text.

I think this issue is specific to certain PCs, because if that file is sent across to me, it appears how it should look, with the footer table the normal size.

If anyone has any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.

We are running Office 2003 SP3 on Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.
Old September 16th 09, 09:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

My guess would be that this is a printer driver issue. Make sure the PCs
exhibiting the problem have up-to-date drivers (check the manufacturer's
website) - or try changing the default printer on them.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com