{ PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

Old January 10th 14, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Default { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

I did the Alt=F9 and it toggled on screen but continued to show { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } on every page, so I had to just leave a 121 page printout with no page numbers. i tried to look through MS help but for some reason they ramble about nothing that actually fixes an issue(long time prob with MS).
Why can't they just make it UI friendly. Does the developer actually test people to try the product and watch their reactions?.. That is what needs to happen because i have seen way too many questions on the net that MS should have been able to answer in a simple term..
Old January 10th 14, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

I did the Alt=F9 and it toggled on screen but continued to show { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } on every page I printed, so I had to just leave a 121 page printout with no page numbers. i tried to look through MS help but for some reason they ramble about nothing that actually fixes an issue(long time prob with MS).
Why can't they just make it UI friendly.

Does the developer actually test people to try the product and watch their reactions? See what issues people have and re-code?.. That is what needs to happen because i have seen way too many questions on the net that MS should have been able to answer in simple terms..
Old January 11th 14, 06:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Suzanne S. Barnhill[_3_]

If the PAGE field displays correctly but prints as a field code, then you
need to change a setting in the Print Options. Where you find these will
depend on the version of Word (which should always be stated).

Word 2003 or earlier: Tools | Options | Print: Include with document: Clear
the check box for "Field codes."

Word 2007: Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Print: Clear the check
box for "Print field codes instead of their values."

Word 2010/2013: File | Options | Advanced: Print: Clear the check box for

Old January 21st 14, 12:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

yes alt +f9 really works thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!
Old January 24th 14, 12:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:24:01 AM UTC+5:30, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

thk u very much....ALT+F9 worked.....
Old January 29th 14, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Friday, February 12, 2010 1:54:01 PM UTC-8, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

GRACIASGRACIASGRACIAS...you saved my life!
Old February 10th 14, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 02:54:01 UTC+5, LFD3290 wrote:
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thanks alot my dear....

Its super cooollll
Old February 11th 14, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

Hi Suzanne, thank you so much! I also benefitted from your tips.

On Saturday, 13 February 2010 00:30:05 UTC+1, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press Alt+F9.

Words

Old March 3rd 14, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

El viernes, 12 de febrero de 2010 18:30:05 UTC-5, Suzanne S. Barnhill escribió:
Press Alt+F9.

http://word.mvps.org

"LFD3290" wrote in message
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Thanksss!
Old March 19th 14, 08:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected]

wednes day
How do I remove { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from my footer and replace with
numerical page numbering?

Final Answer Is alt+f9= insert the automatically page number

Thanks With Regards:
Vinod Kumar
Technochem Projects & Consultants

Ghaziabad-201001 U.P.
Mo: 08802263059

MERGEFORMAT [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 October 11th 06 06:23 AM
\* MERGEFORMAT error Colin44 Page Layout 1 May 3rd 06 09:16 AM
MERGEFORMAT problem frank Mailmerge 2 November 29th 05 09:22 PM
Mergeformat field kharrison Microsoft Word Help 6 February 17th 05 03:38 AM
HELP!!! How do I use the /*Mergeformat switch Karry Cannon Mailmerge 1 January 12th 05 11:16 PM