How do I rotate text 180 degrees, so it's completely upside down?

Old August 10th 06, 09:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
upsidedown

Default How do I rotate text 180 degrees, so it's completely upside down?

I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?
Old August 10th 06, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrp...deDownText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old August 11th 06, 05:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Print one side of the page, turn the paper over and print the other!

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old August 11th 06, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, if your printer duplexes, you should have a setting in the printer
Properties to choose whether the paper is flipped on the long or short edge.
You want the short edge if this is a portrait document.

Old August 3rd 07, 04:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Calllie

You go to paint, make a textbox, type your letter, word (in the font you
want) rotate it. Copy it, and paste it! there you go! i spent a long time on
this my self

Old February 20th 08, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arlene

Old February 20th 08, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lenny[_3_]

If you have the right version of Office then close Word and open Publisher.
All your requirements are available with ease in there.

Old February 22nd 08, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sadler

"upsidedown" wrote:

I need to rotate text on a page so it appears upside-down, so that the page
is "tumbled," with one side normal, and the backside upside-down...can I do
this with text (not graphics or clip art)?

You can't rotate text 180 but you can rotate 90 in both directions
(effectively giving you 180).

You need to use either a table or a text box. Both of these have a "Text
Direction" option which allows one to have text arrayed down the page facing
left or right. To have it facing up and down, just rotate your page!

BUT, if you want to see a bug in Word (all versions), try the following:

Create a new landscape document. Use either the table method or the text-box
method for creating a tent card with rotated text on both sides of the tent.

With the text-box method, placing any graphic on the page makes the text
boxes disappear. With the table method bitmaps can be placed (using "above
text") but graphics elements (e.g. lines) cannot be placed without moving
other graphic elemnents or the text in the cells - even if they are set to
wrap "above text".
Old June 13th 08, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lara

Default How do I rotate text 180 degrees, so it's completely upside do

That doesn't work so well with color printers if you are using cardstock.
Then you get colors dragged across.
--
Lara