Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sfisher sfisher is offline

Default Features included in the MS PDF add-in

I have Office 2007 and Acrobat 8.0 and have researched the compatibility
issues. What I really need from a pdf at present is the 'automatically create
links from the table of contents' feature. Creating links manually just isn't
going to work for me long term. If I get the pdf add-in for Word, will I get
something like this, to auto create links off my TOC? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The free XPS/PDF addin for Office 2007 from Microsoft automatically creates
links from the table of contents -- it's the default behavior. You can do it
without using Acrobat. You should also be able to do it using Acrobat 8
(standard or pro).

To get the free addin from Microsoft, go he

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"sfisher" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and Acrobat 8.0 and have researched the compatibility
issues. What I really need from a pdf at present is the 'automatically
create
links from the table of contents' feature. Creating links manually just
isn't
going to work for me long term. If I get the pdf add-in for Word, will I
get
something like this, to auto create links off my TOC? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sfisher sfisher is offline

Herb,
Thanks for the information. I can assure you that it does not work using
Acrobat 8 - I spent a long time trying to figure out why, and after searching
many forums, found out that the two are not compatible. I will try the
add-in, though.

Thanks,
Susie

"sfisher" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and Acrobat 8.0 and have researched the compatibility
issues. What I really need from a pdf at present is the 'automatically
create
links from the table of contents' feature. Creating links manually just
isn't
going to work for me long term. If I get the pdf add-in for Word, will I
get
something like this, to auto create links off my TOC? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Acrobat 8 - updated to version 8.1.2 is certainly compatible with Word 2007.
In order for the links to work, you have to use the tools on the Acrobat Tab
and check the option for Links (and Bookmarks) in the preferences.

"sfisher" wrote in message
I have Office 2007 and Acrobat 8.0 and have researched the
compatibility issues. What I really need from a pdf at present is
the 'automatically create
links from the table of contents' feature. Creating links manually
just isn't
going to work for me long term. If I get the pdf add-in for Word,
will I get
something like this, to auto create links off my TOC? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well... I can assure you that it DOES work from Acrobat 8 :-) Acrobat 8
Professional, at least--but I can't think of why it wouldn't work from
Standard, as well. I'm using the default settings. On your setup, there
might be some setting that's not enabled, however--as indicated by Graham.

Using the free Office 2007 add-in should get you what you want without
Acrobat, so you should be set in any case.