Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

Default Count highlighted words

Using Word 2003 (Office XP) with SP3.

I have a document from a customer in which many sections of text are
highlighted. (Yellow.) I can count *all* of the words in the document of
course but is it possible to count just the highlighted ones?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you first select all the highlighted text, you can count the words in the
selection. To select the text, open the Find (not Replace) dialog, click
More, select Format | Highlight, and check the box for "Highlight all items
found" (where "highlight" actually means "select"). When Word has found and
selected all the highlighted text, do Tools | Word Count.