Default Breaking up page numbers

WinXP, Word 2000

I am writing a doucument that contains figures and text. The requirements
are that the text pages be numbered sequentially but that figures not in the
main body of the text do not have numbers. I currently have the text in one
file (numbered) and each figure in a seperate file (no numbers) so that I can
satisfy the requirements by printing each seperately.

My question: If I put all the pages together in a single file, is there any
way that I can get Word to number the text pages sequentially but to leave
each figure page without numbers? Any ideas?

Thanks.
Greg

Lots of ways :-)

It sounds like all you need is a Section Break. InsertBreakSection Break
TypesNext Page.

Now number section 1 and remove numbering in section 2. If you are putting
your numbering in the header or footer be sure to toggle off "same as
previous" before deleting the numbering in the second section.

"G" wrote:

WinXP, Word 2000

I am writing a doucument that contains figures and text. The requirements
are that the text pages be numbered sequentially but that figures not in the
main body of the text do not have numbers. I currently have the text in one
file (numbered) and each figure in a seperate file (no numbers) so that I can
satisfy the requirements by printing each seperately.

My question: If I put all the pages together in a single file, is there any
way that I can get Word to number the text pages sequentially but to leave
each figure page without numbers? Any ideas?

Thanks.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm. But note
that, unless you are required to produce a file with the figures in place,
it would be *much* easier just to put them all at the end of the file.
Presumably you reference the figures in the MS; these cross-references can
be hyperlinks to the figures wherever they are. Interleaving them requires a
lot of section breaks (which add a level of complexity), and you'll have to
manually restart numbering in each section, which means that you'll have to
change the restart number if the number of pages in the previous section(s)
changes. If you do decide to do this, at least wait until editing is
complete before attempting it. The main drawback is that the inserted
figures will interrupt the text, which cannot flow smoothly from one page to
the next around the inserted figure.

"G" wrote:

WinXP, Word 2000

I am writing a doucument that contains figures and text. The

requirements
are that the text pages be numbered sequentially but that figures not

in the
main body of the text do not have numbers. I currently have the text

in one
file (numbered) and each figure in a seperate file (no numbers) so

that I can
satisfy the requirements by printing each seperately.

My question: If I put all the pages together in a single file, is

there any
way that I can get Word to number the text pages sequentially but to

leave
each figure page without numbers? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Wise man!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so