Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wallikn wallikn is offline

Default Opening Word Documents from the Icon

Within the last two weeks I can not open a Word document by doubleclicking
the icon of the document. I have to open Word, then navigate to the location
of the document, and then doubleclick the selection. This is annoying. I get
an error message telling me Word cannot find the document, but then I can see
the icon right behind the error message. Any idea(s) where something became
corrupted? And, better yet, idea(s) how to change this event back to the
point and click at the icon?