Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roger Vee Roger Vee is offline

Default How can I tell if the caps lock is on?

How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I would have thought that typing appearing in caps. or the light on the
keyboard would have been sufficient? There is no function in Word to do
this, but there is an assortment of third party tools you might consider -
e.g. http://www.dkpcode.com/html/download...apsLock-Status

Roger Vee wrote:
How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock
is on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Which version of Word? Word 2007 can show "Caps Lock" on the status
bar. Right-click the status bar and select Caps Lock.

Some keyboard software can also show a visual on your screen (such as
Logitech).

Cheryl

On Aug 10, 3:49*am, Roger Vee Roger
wrote:
How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Why doesn't the caplock light on your keyboard tell you that?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Roger Vee" Roger wrote in message
How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Not all keyboards have a light for Caps Lock. My Logitech does not --
it shows a visual on the screen instead. The keyboard I had prior to
my Logitech didn't have a light or an on-screen visual.

Cheryl

On Aug 10, 8:25*am, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:
Why doesn't the caplock light on your keyboard tell you that?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Roger Vee" Roger wrote in ...

How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I can't speak for Roger, but I can think of two reasons:

- I have a wireless keyboard that (to reduce the drain on its batteries) doesn't
have any caps lock, num lock, or scroll lock lights. There are lights on the
receiver pod, but that's tucked away out of sight.

- Some people (not including me) are good enough at touch typing that they don't
often look at the keyboard.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:25:25 -0400, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

Why doesn't the caplock light on your keyboard tell you that?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

How can I get a display on the screen to warn me when the caps lock is on?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I don't touch type. I watch my hands. Always have, always will. If I need to
know if the cap lock is on I either type something or I look at the light.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Caps Lock lab Microsoft Word Help 1 September 19th 07 09:07 PM
Word: Caps Lock & Font/All Caps off, but types caps. Why? Niel Microsoft Word Help 3 September 13th 07 08:00 PM
CAPS LOCK waxlips Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 06 09:58 PM
Allow elimination of keyboard lock when pressing caps lock button Barry Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 11:01 AM
How can I tell when Caps Lock is on? InformationJunkie Microsoft Word Help 5 October 10th 05 03:54 PM