Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tel. tel. is offline

Default saved doc in word2003. (.doc) will not open, corrupted. Recover?

I recently opened a .doc file in W2003, corrected it and saved it. The
resulting file will not reload or open. I've tried all the tips in the help
file under corrupted etc, to no avail. Any suggestions please? tel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens when you try?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tel." wrote in message
I recently opened a .doc file in W2003, corrected it and saved it. The
resulting file will not reload or open. I've tried all the tips in the
help
file under corrupted etc, to no avail. Any suggestions please? tel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tel. tel. is offline

Default saved doc in word2003. (.doc) will not open, corrupted. Recove

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

What happens when you try?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tel." wrote in message
I recently opened a .doc file in W2003, corrected it and saved it. The
resulting file will not reload or open. I've tried all the tips in the
help
file under corrupted etc, to no avail. Any suggestions please? tel.

Hi Jo, thanx for being so prompt The 'open file' box, when selected "all files", clicking on the file it does not appear in the loading slot at the bottom, so doesn't appear to be recognised. The file has a .doc ending.

tel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried locating the file with Windows Explorer and double clicking
it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tel." wrote in message

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

What happens when you try?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tel." wrote in message
I recently opened a .doc file in W2003, corrected it and saved it. The
resulting file will not reload or open. I've tried all the tips in the
help
file under corrupted etc, to no avail. Any suggestions please? tel.

Hi Jo, thanx for being so prompt The 'open file' box, when selected "all
files", clicking on the file it does not appear in the loading slot at
the bottom, so doesn't appear to be recognised. The file has a .doc
ending.

tel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tel. tel. is offline

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Have you tried locating the file with Windows Explorer and double clicking
it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tel." wrote in message

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

What happens when you try?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tel." wrote in message
I recently opened a .doc file in W2003, corrected it and saved it. The
resulting file will not reload or open. I've tried all the tips in the
help
file under corrupted etc, to no avail. Any suggestions please? tel.

Hi Jo, thanx for being so prompt The 'open file' box, when selected "all
files", clicking on the file it does not appear in the loading slot at
the bottom, so doesn't appear to be recognised. The file has a .doc
ending.

tel.

Yes Jo, Word opens, but nothing loads. tel.