Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stevox

Default In Mail Merge how do I get 4 different address blocks on one sheet

I am using Word - Mail Merge with an address database in Excel. I want to
print 4 post cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 inches card stock which I will have
cut into the individual post cards after printing. I want to print four
different addresses on the 4 post cards (one address on each). Presently,
the same address appears on all 4 post cards and then the next sheet contains
the next sequential address on each of the 4 cards on that sheet.
How can I do what I want???
Thanks very much in advance.
Stevox
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

Place the usual merge fields in 4 places. In front of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th,
insert a Next Record Word field.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Stevox" wrote in message
I am using Word - Mail Merge with an address database in Excel. I want to
print 4 post cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 inches card stock which I will
have
cut into the individual post cards after printing. I want to print four
different addresses on the 4 post cards (one address on each). Presently,
the same address appears on all 4 post cards and then the next sheet
contains
the next sequential address on each of the 4 cards on that sheet.
How can I do what I want???
Thanks very much in advance.
Stevox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stevox

Default In Mail Merge how do I get 4 different address blocks on one s

Anne,
Thanks so much. Your answer was not totally correct but it put me on the
right track. I experimented and found the I could use the INSERT - FIELD -
MAIL MERGE - "NEXT" to accomplish the task. Your input was wonderful as I
was able to go to the help section with your "Next Record" to discover the
answer.
Thanks so much for your help.
Steve

"Stevox" wrote in message
I am using Word - Mail Merge with an address database in Excel. I want to
print 4 post cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 inches card stock which I will
have
cut into the individual post cards after printing. I want to print four
different addresses on the 4 post cards (one address on each). Presently,
the same address appears on all 4 post cards and then the next sheet
contains
the next sequential address on each of the 4 cards on that sheet.
How can I do what I want???
Thanks very much in advance.
Stevox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you insert the field from the Insert Word Field pulldown in a Mail Merge
main document, without the field codes turned on, it will appear as Next
Record. If the field codes are turned on, it will appear as { NEXT }
The Next field that you insert by selecting Fields from the Insert menu is
the same thing, though with field codes turned on, it will be { NEXT \*
MERGEFORMAT }. If you toggle off the display of field codes, it will also
appear as Next Record.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Stevox" wrote in message
I am using Word - Mail Merge with an address database in Excel. I want
print 4 post cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 inches card stock which I
will
have
cut into the individual post cards after printing. I want to print
four
different addresses on the 4 post cards (one address on each).
Presently,
the same address appears on all 4 post cards and then the next sheet
contains
the next sequential address on each of the 4 cards on that sheet.
How can I do what I want???
Thanks very much in advance.
Stevox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Anne was quite correct - it depends on where you insert the field from what
it is called.
Incidentally, postcards four to a page are a standard mailing label merge
using the appropriate label format.

"Stevox" wrote in message
I am using Word - Mail Merge with an address database in Excel. I
want to print 4 post cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 inches card stock
which I will have
cut into the individual post cards after printing. I want to print
four different addresses on the 4 post cards (one address on each).
Presently, the same address appears on all 4 post cards and then
the next sheet contains
the next sequential address on each of the 4 cards on that sheet.
How can I do what I want???
Thanks very much in advance.
Stevox

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stevox

"Stevox" wrote in message
I am using Word - Mail Merge with an address database in Excel. I
want to print 4 post cards on one sheet of 8.5x11 inches card stock
which I will have
cut into the individual post cards after printing. I want to print
four different addresses on the 4 post cards (one address on each).
Presently, the same address appears on all 4 post cards and then
the next sheet contains
the next sequential address on each of the 4 cards on that sheet.
How can I do what I want???
Thanks very much in advance.
Stevox

Graham,

You are right, Anne was correct and I answered her before I knew enough
about Mail Merge.
Also, thank you for letting me know that 4-up post cards are one of the
formats for Mail Merge Labels. That will undoubtedly make my life much
easeir in the future.
Stevox