Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rainvision Rainvision is offline

Default how do i change the background colour on just ONE page?

how do i change the background colour on just ONE page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Rainvision wrote:
how do i change the background colour on just ONE page?

Starting with the cursor somewhere in the text on that page -- not in a
header or footer -- use the tools on the Drawing toolbar (or the Insert
Shapes button in Word 2007) to draw a rectangle as large as the page. Set
its outline to No Line, set its fill color to the desired color, and set its
text wrapping to Behind Text.

Unless you have a photo printer that can print all the way to the edge of
the sheet, there will be an unprintable area around the outside, probably at
least 0.12 inch wide. This would also be true if you set a printed
background for all pages.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carrie Carrie is offline

Jay,

I followed the steps you explained and it worked great except for one thing.
It is changing the color for all of my pages instead of the page I drew the
rectangle on. Any suggestions?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Rainvision wrote:
how do i change the background colour on just ONE page?

Starting with the cursor somewhere in the text on that page -- not in a
header or footer -- use the tools on the Drawing toolbar (or the Insert
Shapes button in Word 2007) to draw a rectangle as large as the page. Set
its outline to No Line, set its fill color to the desired color, and set its
text wrapping to Behind Text.

Unless you have a photo printer that can print all the way to the edge of
the sheet, there will be an unprintable area around the outside, probably at
least 0.12 inch wide. This would also be true if you set a printed
background for all pages.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must have done this with the insertion point in the page header instead
of the document body.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Rainvision wrote:
how do i change the background colour on just ONE page?

Starting with the cursor somewhere in the text on that page -- not in a
header or footer -- use the tools on the Drawing toolbar (or the Insert
Shapes button in Word 2007) to draw a rectangle as large as the page. Set
its outline to No Line, set its fill color to the desired color, and set
its
text wrapping to Behind Text.

Unless you have a photo printer that can print all the way to the edge of
the sheet, there will be an unprintable area around the outside, probably
at
least 0.12 inch wide. This would also be true if you set a printed
background for all pages.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so

Background colour Ken[_3_] New Users 2 January 14th 08 12:33 PM
Background colour rob Page Layout 1 May 25th 07 09:55 AM
word background colour michigan Microsoft Word Help 1 June 28th 06 08:52 PM
Background COLOUR on 1 PAGE Mark Microsoft Word Help 3 May 18th 05 11:07 PM
How do I change background colour in text box on a template? Ferret Microsoft Word Help 4 March 23rd 05 01:57 PM