Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rvwalker212 rvwalker212 is offline

Default Finding Autotext Entries

I use autotext all the time and have lots of entries. I am pretty good at
giving the entries distinct names. However, sometimes I forget the name. Is
there a way to do a word search on autotext entries, so I don't have to
scroll through the whole list?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?cnZ3YWxrZXIyMTI=?=,

I use autotext all the time and have lots of entries. I am pretty good at
giving the entries distinct names. However, sometimes I forget the name. Is
there a way to do a word search on autotext entries, so I don't have to
scroll through the whole list?

No, Word doesn't really provide any facility like this. Closest you could get, I
suppose, would be a macro that "dumps" all the AutoText entry names into a new
document, then you could search the names in that.

If you save your AutoText entries in multiple templates (task-related, perahps)
then you can limit the list by choosing that template from the "Save in" list.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)