Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kokomojo

Default Don't add extra space for paragraphs of the same style

This is dimmed in my Word 2003 (in the Paragraph dialog box, after going to
the Format Menu and choosing Paragraph and clickin gon the Indents and
Spacing tab).

This led me to believe that it was not turned on in the Compaitiblity
options (Tools Menu, Options, Compatibility page). I cannot find this option
in the list.

Can someone explain how to activate this and if it does anything other than
what its title says?

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S29rb21vam8=?=,

This is dimmed in my Word 2003 (in the Paragraph dialog box, after going to
the Format Menu and choosing Paragraph and clickin gon the Indents and
Spacing tab).

This led me to believe that it was not turned on in the Compaitiblity
options (Tools Menu, Options, Compatibility page). I cannot find this option
in the list.

Can someone explain how to activate this and if it does anything other than
what its title says?

This is only available as part of a style definition, and Spacing before or
Spacing after have to have a value greater than 0.

Display the Styles and Formatting toolbar. Click "New" to create a new style and
give it a name. click the "Format" button, select "Paragraph" and enter a value
for Space Before or Space After. You should now be able to activate the option.

Now you can test it on some text in the document. Select some paragraphs, then
click on the style entry you just created.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)