forsyte

Default File View Order

When I open folder in Word, I would like files to show with latest date on
top- universally. My Word 2003 defaults to earliest date. How to change?

Also, in detail view how to change universal default for what shows, e.g.
type, size, etc.

Thanks.

forsyte
Jay Freedman

forsyte wrote:
When I open folder in Word, I would like files to show with latest
date on top- universally. My Word 2003 defaults to earliest date.
How to change?

Also, in detail view how to change universal default for what shows,
e.g. type, size, etc.

Thanks.

forsyte

While the dialog is in Detail view, click the header of the Modified column
(the dates). Each click there reverses the date sort order. There's a faint
gray triangle that shows the sort direction.

To change which columns are shown, right-click any of the column headers and
check the items in the dropdown, or click More to get a dialog with
additional choices. In my quick test, it appears that this selection of
columns will appear in all Office programs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

forsyte

Jay, thanks for quick response. I know how to change these things. Question
is how to make them defaults next time I open that folder or any other folder
in Word so I don't have to go through this exercise every time I open a
folder? Regards. forsyte