Andic

Default How do I convert locoscript files to word?

How do I convert locoscript 2 files to Word? I have a new computer with Win
XP, Works Suite 2004 and the original floppies with Locoscript program on but
cannot find a mutual file type to transfer all my letters etc across to Word.
Word just keeps saying unknown file type when I try.
I can convert LS2 files in its export option to the following:
Ascii, ascii (pageimage), Wordstar, DCA, Locoscript3, Wordperfect.

I have a lot of content to convert to Word so any advice would be valued.
Thank you.
Genine

You could try converting them to Wordperfect and then opening the WP files in
Word, but it would depend on the version of WP used. Locoscript is fairly
ancient and probably only saved to one of the earliest (DOS) versions of WP.

Do you have a scanner and print outs of your files? It might be quicker to
OCR them into Word.

Otherwise, google for conversion. I found this site which might be helpful -
£5 a disk to convert from Locoscript to Windows readable format.
http://www.luxsoft.demon.co.uk/lux/lconv.html

Genine