How can I default to open with WORD 97 rather than WORD 2002

Old December 10th 04, 01:49 AM
MB_

Default How can I default to open with WORD 97 rather than WORD 2002

I have WORD97 located in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE"

I have WORD 2002 in a similar path (except it is in Office 10 instead of
office).

I want to open my .doc files with WORD 97. But when I click on any .doc file
it open with WORD 2002. How can I change this??? I tried to do the Open With
command and browse to the right program, but it doesn't seem to work.

I just prefer WORD 97 (works better with Math Type, which I use and it just
seems less buggy).

How can I accomplish this?

Mel

Old December 10th 04, 02:03 AM
Mary

You can't have both versions unless you custom install each and even then you
might have problems. The versions will overwrite common files needed by both
unless you install to a different folder--not Microsoft Office. It's really
not recommended at all. Use the new Word. You have to uninstall both before
you do anything.

Old December 10th 04, 04:09 AM
MB_

Actually, Mary, I just click on WORD 97 and use that.

It seems to work fine. I guess I can't click on the file first.

Mel