Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George mac

Default widow orphan control

Hi I'm a writer and would like to turn off the widow orphan control as a
default in the template. It drives me nuts! 8)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi George

Use File Open. Navigate to the template. Then, with the template open do
Format Paragraph. On the Line and Page Breaks tab, un-tick the
Widow/Orphan control. Then File Save to save the template.

More information is at
How to change the default settings for Word documents
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"George mac" George wrote in message
Hi I'm a writer and would like to turn off the widow orphan control as a
default in the template. It drives me nuts! 8)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Office button, click Open, then Templates (in the list at the
left).

What? You're not in Word2007? You need to say what version you have!

On Jun 17, 1:03*pm, Navigate to template. Where is template Navigate
to template. Where is wrote:
"Shauna Kelly" wrote:
Hi George

Use File Open. Navigate to the template. Then, with the template open do
Format Paragraph. On the Line and Page Breaks tab, un-tick the
Widow/Orphan control. Then File Save to save the template.

More information is at
How to change the default settings for Word documents
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. *Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"George mac" George wrote in message
Hi I'm a writer and would like to turn off the widow orphan control as a
default in the template. It drives me nuts! 8)-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

to template. Where is wrote:
"Shauna Kelly" wrote:
Hi George

Use File Open. Navigate to the template. Then, with the template open do
Format Paragraph. On the Line and Page Breaks tab, un-tick the
Widow/Orphan control. Then File Save to save the template.

More information is at
How to change the default settings for Word documents
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"George mac" George wrote in message
Hi I'm a writer and would like to turn off the widow orphan control as a
default in the template. It drives me nuts! 8)-

yes, I'm in word 2007. I do office button, and open, and then trusted templates, then I open that and change the widow/orphan, but it only changes it for that one page. I want to kill widow/orphan forever. Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It isn't possible to change it for "only one page" -- Word doesn't
know what a "page" is.

If you fixed it in your normal.dotm (or normal.dotx) template, it will
be fixed in every new document you create.