Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
proudmattsmama proudmattsmama is offline

Default Why does my horizontal line look like a rectangle?

When I insert a horizontal line, whether through FORMAT-BORDERS AND
SHADING-HORIZONTAL LINE, or via a shortcut on the toolbar, I get a rectangle
instead of a straight line. I obviously changed something, because this used
to work. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A solid rectangle, which would be a very think straight line -- change
line width back to .5 pt or whatever -- or a box with an open inside?

On Jun 17, 3:35*pm, proudmattsmama
wrote:
When I insert a horizontal line, whether through FORMAT-BORDERS AND
SHADING-HORIZONTAL LINE, or via a shortcut on the toolbar, I get a rectangle
instead of a straight line. *I obviously changed something, because this used
to work. *Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
proudmattsmama proudmattsmama is offline

My line is created by selecting "horizontal line" on borders & shading.
After that, sometimes it gives several styles of horizontal lines to choose
from...I always choose the first, a single black narrow line. But when it
appears on my word document, it is a black line on top of a black line with
the sides connected (like a rectangle). Any ideas?

wrote:
When I insert a horizontal line, whether through FORMAT-BORDERS AND
SHADING-HORIZONTAL LINE, or via a shortcut on the toolbar, I get a rectangle
instead of a straight line. I obviously changed something, because this used
to work. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The dropdown for choosing the line style is always there; maybe you
should choose the simple style line again?

wrote:
When I insert a horizontal line, whether through FORMAT-BORDERS AND
SHADING-HORIZONTAL LINE, or via a shortcut on the toolbar, I get a rectangle
instead of a straight line. *I obviously changed something, because this used
to work. *Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
proudmattsmama proudmattsmama is offline

Thanks, but I do choose the simple style, but it doesn't display like it
looks in the selection gallery. What the?????

wrote:
When I insert a horizontal line, whether through FORMAT-BORDERS AND
SHADING-HORIZONTAL LINE, or via a shortcut on the toolbar, I get a rectangle
instead of a straight line. I obviously changed something, because this used
to work. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When the line is selected you will see this box around it. What happens if
you click away from it?

http://word.mvps.org