jmpinson jmpinson is offline
Junior Member

Default Stop pasted images displaying too large

I've looked high and low for a solution to this but haven't found a thing!

When I paste an image into Word 2007 it displays at a default size of 133%.

I can resize it using Format tab Size dialog box and resetting the image (see attached) but as soon as I paste another image, the same thing happens over again.

Is there anyway to reset the default image size to 100%?

Any help would be much appreciated, as this problem seems to spread across all of Office and it means EVERYTHING I paste has to be resized.

Many thanks!
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

There is no way to control the size of an incoming image when you use the
copy/paste process. The image gets dumped in at whatever print dimensions it
happens to be.

Quite honestly, however, that's the worst possible means of putting the
image into a document in the first place... At least if you expect to retain
the print quality. Adjusting it later often makes matters worse.

For best & most consistent results use a graphics program to make all
adjustments to the image - including print dimensions & required resolution.
Then use the Insert Picture From File method in the receiving document.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/26/09 12:02 AM, in article , "jmpinson"
wrote:

I've looked high and low for a solution to this but haven't found a
thing!

When I paste an image into Word 2007 it displays at a default size of
133%.

I can resize it using -Format tab Size dialog box- and resetting the
image (see attached) but as soon as I paste another image, the same
thing happens over again.

Is there anyway to reset the default image size to 100%?

Any help would be much appreciated, as this problem seems to spread
across all of Office and it means EVERYTHING I paste has to be
resized.

Many thanks!

|Filename: screen.jpg |
http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment...ttachmentid=81 |

jmpinson jmpinson is offline
Junior Member

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply, though unfortunately it's not quite the issue. Using 'Insert Picture' renders the same result and if you have a look at the image I attached, when inserted the default is 133%. This is not a print quality related question... It's a display issue.

I guess I should explain further. I first noticed this problem in Outlook 2007. Any email with images on the page were blown up, funnily enough to 133%. It's not a 'Zoom' related issue as text renders correctly.

Then I discovered the HTML rendering engine in Outlook 2007 is now Word, instead of IE as in previous versions. As a graphic designer, I have a side-gig as a web designer and, as a necessary evil, have to make sure newsletters I design will display in Outlook. I've tested my problem across a number of workstations in our studio and mine is the only one with this horrible disease. If I insert a pic on any other machine, it will appear at 100%... But mine defaults to 133%. This is why I'm convinced it's a setting which needs to be restored.

Anyway, thanks again but I guess I'll have to continue the search!

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTaz View Post

wrote:

I've looked high and low for a solution to this but haven't found a
thing!

When I paste an image into Word 2007 it displays at a default size of
133%.

I can resize it using -Format tab Size dialog box- and resetting the
image (see attached) but as soon as I paste another image, the same
thing happens over again.

Is there anyway to reset the default image size to 100%?

Any help would be much appreciated, as this problem seems to spread
across all of Office and it means EVERYTHING I paste has to be
resized.

Many thanks!

|Filename: screen.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment...ttachmentid=81 |

zylstra zylstra is offline
Junior Member

Jeremy, did you find a solution?
johanwhite johanwhite is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpinson View Post
I've looked high and low for a solution to this but haven't found a thing!

When I paste an image into Word 2007 it displays at a default size of 133%.

I can resize it using Format tab Size dialog box and resetting the image (see attached) but as soon as I paste another image, the same thing happens over again.

Is there anyway to reset the default image size to 100%?

Any help would be much appreciated, as this problem seems to spread across all of Office and it means EVERYTHING I paste has to be resized.

Many thanks!
After reading your message I have tried to paste images in my word document. But the picture's default size is 100%. I do not understand why you had came across such problem. I also tried to change the settings but when I pasted another image it displayed in 100% size. So I would like to suggest that restore your settings of Microsoft Office Word or uninstall he Microsoft Office. Then install a fresh Microsoft Office. This is the only solution from my point of view.

Jeffeuilar Jeffeuilar is offline
Junior Member

Default reader

This comment addresses an issue with pasted images appearing excessively large. It would be ideal if pasted images could be resized automatically to a more manageable size, preventing them from dominating the Photo and Video Restoration screen and potentially disrupting the flow of content.