Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
peggie jones peggie jones is offline

Default How can I get the show/hide symbol off my word document

How can I get the show/hide symbol off my word document.
I have tryed to delete and it will not delete its all over my word document
everytime I type something. Help!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What "will not delete"? If you delete a paragraph mark, it deletes and
the two paragraphs join up.

If the Show Non-Printing Characters button doesn't turn off the
paragraph marks, then go into your viewing options and uncheck Show
Paragraph Marks -- but if you don't have at least paragraph marks
showing while you type, you're sooner rather than later going to run
into major problems with extra space, extra blank pages, and so on.