Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kirs10

Default Word: how to set up a "see also" index entry

I'm creating a document index for the first time and ran up against this. The
options for marking an entry are Cross-reference OR Current page OR Bookmark.
But I want my entry to function as both a Current page AND a
Cross-reference, as in "See also..." Can't figure out how to do it, but I'm
sure there must be a way. Or perhaps I'm being optimistic...? =)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Liungman

Hi!

The solution I came up with is this:

1. Select the word in the text once and press (Alt+Shift+X).
2. In the dialogue select Cross Reference and Mark (or whatever it says in
english, the left-most button!)
3. Select the word AGAIN and press (Alt+Shift+X).
4. Select Current page and Mark.

You should now have something lokking like this in the index (after updating
it):

"Nuclear, 36, see also Atomic"

I donĀ“t know if there is a quicker way, but fact that they put radio buttons
in the dialogue indicates they never though of you wanting to do both.

Best of luck

John Liungman
SystemOK, Sweden