Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Default Letters Pile Up in one place when Printing (Suzanne?)

I have seen the answer here, and every time I see it elsewhere, I forget
what was posted here. As I recall, the fix was to switch printers and switch
back, but I don't remember the cause or if there's been or there's expected
to be a fix for this issue. I've seen it twice today and can't answer
because I simply cannot find the answer that I thought Suzanne posted about
it, and I've searched and searched. Anybody remember? Suzanne? (Keeping
fingers crossed.) And just to remind me...
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/foru...ead.php?t=5602
and...dang. Can't find the other one right now.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The reply was:

According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Anne Troy wrote:
I have seen the answer here, and every time I see it elsewhere, I
forget what was posted here. As I recall, the fix was to switch
printers and switch back, but I don't remember the cause or if
there's been or there's expected to be a fix for this issue. I've
seen it twice today and can't answer because I simply cannot find the
answer that I thought Suzanne posted about it, and I've searched and
searched. Anybody remember? Suzanne? (Keeping fingers crossed.)
And just to remind me...
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/foru...ead.php?t=5602 and...dang.
Can't find the other one right now.
************