#1   Report Post  

Default Merging Chapters in Word 2007

I am currently putting together a manual that is divided into numerous chapters. Instead of putting together one long document, I did each chapter individually. Each chapter is numbered within itself, meaning in the header for page 3 of chapter 2, it is labeled 2-3 and so forth. Also in the footer for each chapter I have the page number, 1 of 4, etc. I have tried almost every possibly solution to merge the documents that I know of, yet the numbering will always convert to being 1 of however many total pages i have, instead of the number in each chapter. I was wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off