Narrow Paragraphs to Wide Paragraphs

Old December 9th 12, 12:42 PM
icloudy icloudy is offline

Default Narrow Paragraphs to Wide Paragraphs

I am after help,
I previously formatted some documents in a thinner paragraph format and now I would like to convert them to a wider paragraph.
The current paragraph takes up half the width of the page and I would like them to take up the full width of the page.
Eg
Any device that impedes people making
good their escape, either by being
unnecessarily complicated to manipulate
or not being readily openable, will not
be acceptable. (half page width)

AND I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE TO...

Any device that impedes people making good their escape, either by being unnecessarily complicated to manipulate or not being readily openable, will not be acceptable. (full page width)

I formatted them using the RETURN.
Now the only way I can see of changing it is to go to the end of the line add a space and then DEL to bring the next line onto the preceding one.
This is very long winded and I am looking for a way to remove the existing CARRIAGE Changes / RETURNS so that the paragraphs will re format into full width of the page instead of half the page.

Sorry for the long winded explanation.
Old December 9th 12, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Are you saying that you pressed Return/Enter once for a new "line" of text and
twice for each new paragraph? In that case, first Replace All ^p^p with, say,
///. Then Replace All ^p with a space. Finally, replace all /// with ^p.

In the Find and Replace dialog box (Ctrl+H), ^p represents a paragraph mark (
with nonprinting marks displayed).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP