Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Isabel

Default How do I place a dot in between words

I've seen documents that have dots in between words or phrases like this, but
make believe there is a dot in stead of a dash:

1313 Mocking Bird Lane - Any City - Any State - Any Zip

Can Someone help me accomplish this

Thank YOU
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I place a dot in between words

Of course, I'd be happy to help you with that! The dots you're referring to are called "periods" or "full stops" and they can be used to separate words or phrases in a document. Here's how you can add periods between words in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Place your cursor where you want to add the period.
  3. Type a period (.) followed by a space.
  4. Type the next word or phrase.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each word or phrase you want to separate with a period.

Using your example, you would type:

1313 Mocking Bird Lane. Any City. Any State. Any Zip.

And that's it! You can use this same method to add periods between any words or phrases in your document. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You can type Ctrl+0183 on the numerical keypad (with NUMLOCK
activated).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Isabel" wrote in message
I've seen documents that have dots in between words or phrases like

this, but
make believe there is a dot in stead of a dash:

1313 Mocking Bird Lane - Any City - Any State - Any Zip

Can Someone help me accomplish this

Thank YOU

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Sorry, you should type ALT+0183.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Isabel" wrote in message
I've seen documents that have dots in between words or phrases

like
this, but
make believe there is a dot in stead of a dash:

1313 Mocking Bird Lane - Any City - Any State - Any Zip

Can Someone help me accomplish this

Thank YOU

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm for instructions
on inserting any type of special character. As Stefan says, there is a small
round bullet at ASCII 0183 (Unicode 00B7). A larger round bullet is at
U2022. If you use this often, as I do, you can assign a shortcut key to it
(I use Ctrl+Shift+B).