Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeteH PeteH is offline

Default Auto - insertion of extra characters when opening a Word document

I have a problem where a medical device tester's software generates automatic
test results in MS-Word in two folders (pass & fail). All the required data
is on the report. However, I would like, when opening a file, that a 'signed'
and 'date' with lines to allow somebody to sign/date a printout can be
automatically added at the end of the report. Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Pete

PeteH wrote:
I have a problem where a medical device tester's software generates automatic
test results in MS-Word in two folders (pass & fail). All the required data
is on the report. However, I would like, when opening a file, that a 'signed'
and 'date' with lines to allow somebody to sign/date a printout can be
automatically added at the end of the report. Can this be done?

you would need an AutoOpen macro to generate this.

From a workflow point of view, it would be best to create the Word
documents with the correct content from the beginning, though.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |