Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karel Karel is offline

Default Remove Save as - Word Document

Is there any way I can remove the Save as - "Word Document" in the Office
Menu bar. For some strange reason, if you set your default to save as
Word97-2003, and you click on Save as - Word Document, it throws it back to
2007! (You can obviously click on Save as - Word 97 - 2003, but there's users
that keep on hitting the other one which saves it as a DOCX format - and then
other people cannot open the file!!! There must be a registry entry or
setting to remove this option!